Friday 23 December 2011

Santa understood me wrong

Since I’m not a Christian believer, I won’t refer about the origin of this festivity. However I imagine that the celebration is related with the born of Jesus. I do think that this mean has been construct by the culture and do has significance in many parts or the world. The truth is that all of the customs of Christmas are collection of traditions and practices taken from many cultures and nations, so allows me think that other kind of feast is possible. Nowadays Christmas has turn into a shoking period of last month of the year, were everyone is thinking about how much consume, spending a lot of money in expensives gifts, thinking that the amount is directly related with how much would the kids like it or not. I think is bad this way of transforming de christmas eve because not everything in the world is money. Kids get older thinking that this is how Christmas
show should be celebrate and they dont think the back message that the celebration should have.

In my house Christmas is a regular day. Since my parent break up, this time of the year has turn into a dramatic scene in my home. I try not to get involved with that feelings and cheer up my mom in the kitchen. I prepare great desserts too, so my big brother and my mother are pleasant with the opportunity of taste them and share happy together.

With the history of my life I think I don’t like Christmas so much. It isn’t my favourite date at all, but I can go through it without any upset face. And of course I love watching my younger cousins enjoying their new toys. But if I think all the things that means today Christmas I think that I don’t like it so much, but if we could give other sense to the festivity, one much more worried about the feelings and the spiritual thoughts, then it could be better.

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Isabel.

    You should say though, "the birth (noun) of Jesus".

    And the seame case, you talk about "meaning" (noun), not "mean" verb.

    An important issue is that you normally don´t use the auxiliary "do" in affirmative sentences. You can do it for emphasis, though, but in your sentence it is not necessary. Have a look:

    "I do think that this mean has been construct by the culture and do has significance in many parts or the world"


    Correction:

    I (do) think that this meanING has been constructED by (the) culture and (do)IT has significance in many parts or the world.

    Additionally, after the connector "and" you need a subject if you are expressing another idea.

    The same case here: "so IT allows me TO think that other kindS of feastS (is) ARE possible.

    Finally, adjectives, like for example, "expensive" don`t take "s" in English.

    Watch your structure (sentence formulation)

    2 points.

    ReplyDelete